Tuesday, October 1, 2013

New Directions

Sunflowers


I haven't been posting, but I have been productive.  I've been making pendants, bracelets, new canes and doing lots of thinking.  Most of the things I've been making haven't been what I want to be making.  I'm pretty sure a lot of artists know what I mean.  You have an idea in your head, you sit down to work and make something fabulous, and then the result is not what you pictured.

I've been wanting to open for business, but the things I've made are not the things I ultimately want to be selling and making regularly.  I think perhaps I'll post the jewelry and raw canes I've made and just keep working away.  I'm getting closer to what I want to be making, it's really just a simpler style than what I've been doing up until now.

Yellow
Soon to be sunflower petals

I've always loved playing with colors and the style I've developed over the years came from that.  Recently I discovered I'm more in love with the component canes I make to go into my bigger pictures, like the one above.  When I look at that I get more ideas than when I look at the finished sunflower.  I always thought I never finished things but maybe it's because I don't know what to do with a real finished cane.  I like the patterns and the stripes, so I'm going to follow my gut and see where it gets me.

No comments:

Post a Comment