Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Beginning the TARDIS

I've had in my head to do a TARDIS cane for a while, and decided to make it my first big project to jump into.  It's always easier for me to work on the ideas I can't get out of my head, so I just decided to run with it.  Hopefully the end result will be worth showing off.  I spent some time today making the words for the top of the simple blue box.  I was surprised by how quickly so many letters came together for me, sometimes caning words takes me forever and I dread it, things went smoothly this time though.

I made the three sections of words in three separate canes so that reducing the shape would be easier (if I'd done it all together I would have probably made reducing it an impossibility because of the long flat rectangle shape.


TARDIS cane WIP


Here's a picture after all three have been reduced. It looks like I have plenty of cane leftover to make more Doctor Who themed things once this one is done.
 
Police box


Time to go to sleep now, or lay awake thinking of how to approach the next step. I should probably attack the windows first, but i also need to mull over how I want to pattern my blues. I'm sure you're all on the edge of your seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment